Submit your film
Our theaters can screen DCP films and all other traditional digital formats.
Festival spirit awards:
- MINT Spirit Award
- MT Spirit Award
- Base Camp to the Beartooths Spirit Award
Submission Categories with Awards & Prizes:
- Best Female Director
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Animation Feature
- Best Narrative Short Film
- Best Documentary Short Film
- Best Animation Short Film
- Best Horror/Thriller Short Film
- Best Webisode/TV Pilot
- Best Student Feature Film
- Best Student Short Film
- Best JR FIlmmaker's Short Film
The MINT Film Festival is proud to offer prizes and awards in 15 categories.
All films are considered for the MINT, Montana, and Base Camp to the Beartooths Spirit Awards.
WHY YOU SHOULD SUBMIT TO MINT
Our venues include 75 to 750-seat theaters, as well as pop-up locations within the community. DCP projection, plus other traditional digital formats accepted!
All too often great films by hard-working filmmakers go unseen, and we want to change that outcome! We know how hard it is to make a film. We know how much you’ve likely sacrificed to bring your film to life, and we want to assure you that the selection process at the Montana International Film Festival is a true meritocracy. All films submitted will be viewed in their entirety by knowledgeable programmers, not by inexperienced volunteers who may only watch a minute of your film and move on to the next. In an ever-growing sea of film content, we understand that the role of the curator is more vital than ever and we take this role seriously. We’re a world-class festival that gives up-and-coming directors a platform and an audience to show their work.
Billings is a growing and vibrant city located along the Yellowstone River in eastern Montana. Voted by Outside magazine as the #1 Best Town of 2016, the city has an abundant, energetic and passionate audience of film and art lovers who are ready to see your film and ready to share their community with you.
RULES & Conditions
- Early deadline is March 9, 2018.
- The regular deadline is June 9th, 2018.
- The extended deadline is July 6th, 2018.
- All Feature length films with a run time of 45 – 120 min.
- All Short films with a run time of 1 – 35 min.
- Webisodes/TV Pilots with a run time of 5 - 40 min
Submission Format & Technical Requirements
- Submissions must be made through FilmFreeway or Withoutabox.
- All films must either be in English or with English subtitles.
- Filmmakers must have all necessary legal authority and rights required to submit.
All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2015 for consideration.
A Montana premiere is not required but it's preferred.
Film submissions are reviewed and considered under the following criteria:
- Quality of narrative (or documentary subject matter)
- The emotional depth of characters
- Ability to push creative, technical, or social boundaries
MINT can screen DCP, BluRay, DVD, Digital Files (.mov, H264, .mp4, ProRes). If providing physical media, please indicate if your film is PAL or NTSC. We do not support 35mm or 16mm formats.
Our venue partners include 75-750 seat theaters and pop-up screening rooms. We are working closely with all venues to ensure the best quality projection and sound is available. Failure of technical equipment, while rare, can happen, and we, along with our venues and partners will not be held liable. Submission fees will not be refunded in any such case.